Authenticator Label Internationalization

Hello,

I’m building a custom authenticator using the provided SPIs and having some trouble translating labels in the ProviderConfigProperty in the AuthenticatorFactory SPI.

For example:

private static final List<ProviderConfigProperty> CONFIG_PROPERTIES = new ArrayList<ProviderConfigProperty>();

static {
	ProviderConfigProperty property;

property = new ProviderConfigProperty();
	property.setName(CloudIdentityUtilities.CONFIG_TENANT_FQDN);
	property.setLabel("{{:: 'ciConfigFqdn' | translate}}");
	property.setType(ProviderConfigProperty.STRING_TYPE);
	property.setHelpText(new FormMessage("ciConfigFqdnHelpText").getMessage());
	CONFIG_PROPERTIES.add(property);
}

I see in the keycloak source code the syntax:

property.setLabel(“{{:: ‘ciConfigFqdn’ | translate}}”);

is used to translate(?) labels, but it doesn’t work for my authenticator - it just shows “ciConfigFqdn” as the label for the authenticator’s configuration page.

Currently I place my messages_en.properties in the correct location in the JAR (resources/theme-resources/messages) and the custom login forms that I use correctly reference the messages using the ${msg(“messageKey”)} syntax.

I’ve also tried setting the label to new FormMessage(“ciConfigFqdn”).toString() and that doesn’t seem to work either (the message for the key is not retrieved?).

Is there a standard way (or another way) to achieve translations inside the authenticator java code?

Thanks in advance.

hi @jason-choi1 did you get this resolved. I do have a similar issue where i need to translate my message before sending it.