Can i delete datasource ExampleDS?

I’m using standalone Keycloak with a SQL-Server DB. My DB is configured via KeycloakDSdatasource in standalone.xml.
Next to it is a preconfigured datasource ExampleDS. The name indidcates, that this is an template, but when i delete it Keycloak doesn’t start anymore:
ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (Controller Boot Thread) WFLYCTL0013: Operation (“add”) failed - address: ([(“deployment” => “keycloak-server.war”)]) - failure description: {
“WFLYCTL0412: Required services that are not installed:” => [“jboss.naming.context.java.jboss.datasources.ExampleDS”],
“WFLYCTL0180: Services with missing/unavailable dependencies” => [“jboss.naming.context.java.module.auth.auth.DefaultDataSource is missing [jboss.naming.context.java.jboss.datasources.ExampleDS]”]
}

This datasource is referenced in subsystem xmlns=“urn:jboss:domain:ee:5.0”.

So, what’s the job of this datasource? How to remove it?

You are not alone, I hit the same so just put it back…glad you asked since having “example” in my production config always bothered me. :slight_smile:

This is an Wildfly default config, not Keycloak, but it can be removed with 2 steps:

/subsystem=ee/service=default-bindings:undefine-attribute(name=datasource)
/subsystem=datasources/data-source=ExampleDS:remove()
1 Like

In my experience, once the new datasource was configured and working removing ExampleDS took three changes to the appropriate standalone[-ha].xml file:

1. remove the entire “ExampleDS” <datasource> element
  2. remove the entire “h2” <driver> element
  3. substitute “ExampleDS” with the name of your new datasource (e.g. KeycloakDSdatasource ) within the “datasource” attribute of the <default-bindings> element which is below <subsystem xmlns=“urn:jboss:domain:ee:6.0”>