Compiling error when running mvn clean wildfly:deploy

Hello,

Following “Geting Started Guide”, I’ve launched

mvn clean wildfly:deploy

and I’m getting the following compiling error (using java 13)

Any advice ?

Thank you

[DEBUG] Command line options:
[DEBUG] -d C:\keycloak-quickstarts\app-profile-jee-vanilla\target\classes -classpath C:\keycloak-quickstarts\app-profile-jee-vanilla\target\classes;C:\Users\forge.m2\repository\org\jboss\spec\javax\servlet\jboss-servlet-api_3.0_spec\1.0.2.Final\jboss-servlet-api_3.0_spec-1.0.2.Final.jar;C:\Users\forge.m2\repository\com\fasterxml\jackson\core\jackson-databind\2.9.5\jackson-databind-2.9.5.jar;C:\Users\forge.m2\repository\com\fasterxml\jackson\core\jackson-annotations\2.9.0\jackson-annotations-2.9.0.jar;C:\Users\forge.m2\repository\com\fasterxml\jackson\core\jackson-core\2.9.5\jackson-core-2.9.5.jar; -sourcepath C:\keycloak-quickstarts\app-profile-jee-vanilla\src\main\java; -g -nowarn -target 1.5 -source 1.5
[WARNING] File encoding has not been set, using platform encoding Cp1252, i.e. build is platform dependent!
[DEBUG] incrementalBuildHelper#beforeRebuildExecution
[INFO] Compiling 1 source file to C:\keycloak-quickstarts\app-profile-jee-vanilla\target\classes
[DEBUG] incrementalBuildHelper#afterRebuildExecution
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[ERROR] Source option 5 is no longer supported. Use 7 or later.
[ERROR] Target option 5 is no longer supported. Use 7 or later.
[INFO] 2 errors
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Like

I had the same problem. Updating to the latest version of the maven compiler plugin did not work but adding this to the properties in pom.xml did:

<maven.compiler.source>1.8</maven.compiler.source>
    <maven.compiler.target>1.8</maven.compiler.target>
1 Like

Can you please explain where and how to modify the pom.xml?
As far as understanding you, the pom.xml of the app-profile-jee-vanilla has to be modified…

Having also referred Maven – Example: Injecting POM Properties via Settings.xml for help, but without success so far.

Allright, got it: POM.xml within the root of Keycloak Quickstarts needs a fix…