Configuring Keycloak 17.X Quarkus in Clustered Domain mode

Hi,

My org has charged me to prepare our team to migrate from RHSSO 7.5 to RHSSO 8 as soon as possible. To do so im trying to recreate our configurations using a Quarkus based Keycloak (17.0.1) architecture. We are so far using a clustered domain mode and we are not ready yet to migrate to container based architecture.

I successfuly recreated a standalone architecture pretty easily using the `keycloak.conf`` file. Problem is for domain clustered mode. What is the equivalent to the host-slave & host-master files we used to have at our disposal? Documentations mentions a config-default.xml file which is missing in both the 17.0 and 17.0.1 distribution i downloaded. Am i missing something ?

Documentation on this topic is heavily lacking for now, I would not dare to ask otherwise !

Thanks already.

With Quarkus-Keycloak, there is no more standalone vs. domain mode.
This was a Wildfly-specific config/runtime model.

Hi, thanks for your quick answer !

So is it still possible to spread a configuration from a master to nodes without using third-party software such as Ansible (i.e keeping the previous domain architecture) ? or are you forced to replicate keycloaks nodes such as in your example ?

edit : to be accurate for eventuals readers, in domain controller mode, nodes synchronize their configuration based on domain-controllers one. It is not spread from master to nodes.

mj

There is no more such a thing like a “master”, as this was special to Wildfly domain mode. Keycloak never relied on such a feature.

If you don’t use a containerized environment, you’re doing yourself a favor (not only for using Keycloak, but in general!) if you have an option to automate and script your environment. E.g. like you already mentioned with Ansible or likewise tools.

If i was in charge, we would have a containrized environment for years.

Anyways, crystal clear, thanks for your reactiveness and your work !

mj

1 Like