Docker image digest of 10.0.2 has changed

I would like to ask a couple of things:

1. Why the digest of 10.0.2 images are different now than it was couple of weeks ago? This seems to be true for both Dockerhub and Quay.io.
  2. Why are the image digests different between Dockerhub and Quay.io? IMO they should be exact the same image, but served by two different registries. Should have they have difference, at least I would expect some documentation about it.

It seems to me that the images are being retagged. I’ve been working with 10.0.2 image for several weeks already, and as you can see in the below screenshot, , I’m nearly sure that there was a retag of the image. I at least would expect that if I deploy version 10.0.2 of Keycloak today or one year from now that it would be exact the same image.

If you guys have multiple builds of the Docker image, then I would assume that the 10.0.2 points to the latest build, but there should be tags of the multiple builds. Nobody should be relying on 10.0.2 if it can change for the same reason nobody should rely on the tag latest.

1 Like