Install Keyloak 12.0.2 Test

Simply following the directions on the website does not work for my keycloak evaluation system. ./standalone.sh fails with

7:03:32,276 WARN [org.jboss.jca.core.connectionmanager.pool.strategy.OnePool] (ServerService Thread Pool – 66) IJ000604: Throwable
while attempting to get a new connection: null: javax.resource.ResourceException: IJ031084: Unable to create connection
at org.jboss.jca.adapters.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnectionFactory.createLocalManagedConnection(LocalManagedConnectionFactory.java:3
45)
at org.jboss.jca.adapters.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnectionFactory.getLocalManagedConnection(LocalManagedConnectionFactory.java:352)
at org.jboss.jca.adapters.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection(LocalManagedConnectionFactory.java:287)
at org.jboss.jca.core.connectionmanager.pool.mcp.SemaphoreConcurrentLinkedDequeManagedConnectionPool.createConnectionEventListener(S
emaphoreConcurrentLinkedDequeManagedConnectionPool.java:1322)"

Is there prerequisite not listed on the instructions? I’ve tried on Centos 7 and Redhat 8. Same indications.

Disregard. Found documentation showing firewall configuration on Redhat box for Keycloak and RH SSO. Server is now running.

Used
iptables -F
systemctl stop firewalld.service

This isolated the issue to firewall.

Test environment was a single machine with only localhost advertised in /etc/hosts. No DNS configured. Did not have my hostname advertised in /etc/hosts. Added ports 8080 and 8443 to firewall rules with firewall-cmd. Would be good if the pre-requisite section of the documentation said something like:

Prerequisite

1. Hostname advertised in DNS or /etc/hosts
  2. Firewall daemon off or allow tcp ports 8443 and 8080

Prerequisite
No errors found on startup - SUCKS!

But then who’da thought someone would just load a stock VM and drop KC on it, follow the instructions and then start the search for answers on the internet.