Keycloak Docker database connection

Hi,

Excuse me if this has been asked before, I’ve Googled and troubleshooted a lot but couldn’t figure it out myself. I have some issues with data persistence in a Dockerized Keycloak instance and I read that this is solved by using an external database with persistent volumes (in my case a bind mount) as opposed to the default included H2 database. The problem is, my data doesn’t seem to survive after a container removal. I tried getting some clues with:
docker logs keycloak, docker inspect keycloak, docker exec -it keycloak /bin/bash (followed by: kc.sh show-config) but no luck.

Below you’ll see my Docker Compose file. I’m wondering if my database config in the compose file is wrong because something noticeable is: when I change my database address configuration for troubleshooting purposes:
DB_ADDR=postgresql
to something gibberish
DB_ADDR=asjlkasfasffga
the Keycloak container starts without issues but more important, it doesn’t output any errors regarding the database connection. Is this expected? I’m was expecting to see something along the lines of “could not connect to db” or similar. Further more, the Postgres bind mount does exist and gets filled with (default) data when the Postgres container is started. Postgres also doesn’t throw out any errors when it’s started.

Can anyone spot any errors in my compose file?

services:
  postgresql:
    image: postgresql:latest
    environment:
      - POSTGRES_USER=keycloakdbuser
      - POSTGRES_PASSWORD=password
      - POSTGRES_DB=keycloak
    volumes:
      - /opt/project/postgresql:/var/lib/postgresql/data
    networks:
      - keycloaknet
  keycloak:
    image: quay.io/keycloak/keycloak:latest
    ports:
      - 8080:8080
    environment:
      - KEYCLOAK_ADMIN=keycloakadmin
      - KEYCLOAK_ADMIN_PASSWORD=adminpassword
      - DB_DATABASE=keycloak
      - DB_USER=keycloakdbuser
      - DB_PASSWORD=password
      - DB_ADDR=postgresql
      - DB_VENDOR=postgres
    entrypoint: '/opt/keycloak/bin/kc.sh --spi-login-protocol-openid-connect-legacy-logout-redirect-uri=true --spi-theme-static-max-age=-1 --spi-theme-cache-themes=false --spi-theme-cache-templates=false start --hostname hostname.tld'
    networks:
      - keycloaknet
    depends_on:
      - postgresql

keycloaknet:
    driver: bridge
    name: keycloaknet

I have the same Problem.
Have you been able to solve this?

Got it, if anybody else ends up here. Env Vars are wrong