Keycloak quickstart app-profile-saml-jee-jsp fails

Hi
I’m new to keycloak.
I tried to run this example. Made necessary definitions in keycloak admin console, downloaded SAML adapter keycloak-saml.xml and places it in config directory and so on.
All as described here:

Downloaded and installed the adapter keycloak-wildfly-adapter-dist-8.0.1.zip.
Run command: ./jboss.bat --file=adapter-elytron-install-offline.cli

Started the deployment and got:
23:08:56,748 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (ServerService Thread Pool – 23) MSC000001: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.unit.“app-profile-saml.war”.undertow-deployment: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit.“app-profile-saml.war”.undertow-deployment: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The required mechanism ‘KEYCLOAK-SAML’ is not available in mechanisms [KEYCLOAK] from the HttpAuthenticationFactory.
at org.wildfly.extension.undertow.deployment.UndertowDeploymentService$1.run(UndertowDeploymentService.java:81)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at org.jboss.threads.ContextClassLoaderSavingRunnable.run(ContextClassLoaderSavingRunnable.java:35)
at org.jboss.threads.EnhancedQueueExecutor.safeRun(EnhancedQueueExecutor.java:1982)
at org.jboss.threads.EnhancedQueueExecutor$ThreadBody.doRunTask(EnhancedQueueExecutor.java:1486)
at org.jboss.threads.EnhancedQueueExecutor$ThreadBody.run(EnhancedQueueExecutor.java:1377)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
at org.jboss.threads.JBossThread.run(JBossThread.java:485)

Seems like I have no adapter for saml.
Please help.

Leonid

I’ve seen this too. Deployment started working after I installed Keycloak SAML 2 client adapter into Wildfly:

• go to https://www.keycloak.org/downloads.html,
  • scroll down to “Client Adapters” section, click on “SAML 2.0” tab and download the archive,
  • unpack the archive into the Wildfly root directory,
  • go to Wildfly bin/ directory and run ./jboss-cli.bat --file=adapter-elytron-install-saml-offline.cli (with Wildfly not running).