OpenID Endpoint Configuration wrong urls after updating

Due to some problems we’ve just encountered when trying to authenticate users in external services (Nextcloud) via Keycloak, we have just discovered something that might by related to the bug with the admin hostnames related to update v25.

When accesing to {admin_url}/realms/{realmName}/.well-known/openid-configuration, the following attributes changed it’s url after the uptate:

  • token_endpoint
  • introspection_endpoint
  • userinfo_endpoint
  • jwks_uri
  • registration_ednpoint
  • backchannel_autentication_endpoint
  • pushed_authorization_request_endpoint

Before the update, their urls started with the hostname-admin (previously hostname-admin-url) configured in keycloak.config, but now, they start with the hostname label. Example:

This same behaviour can be noticed on the login well-known openid-configuration.

We moved from version 24.0.5 to 25.0.1.

Thanks in advance.

Configuring the hostname properly according to the new guide should solve your issue.

Hello dasniko,

Thanks for your response, but we actually have configured right the hostnames on the keycloak config.

We openend this post (Hostnames not working correctly after upgrading to v25 - #5 by MnemoDes) in the forum, and with the same config that we specified in there, our application started to work properly after updating to v.25.0.1, but just now we noticed that we can’t login into external services.

Any other suggestion??

Thanks in advance.

Hello dasniko, any news from this issue??

We’re in a hurry to solve it…

Thanks in advance!

I don’t have any issues, everything works as designed on my side, so I don’t need to look for “any news”.

I never said that I solve your issue, nor that I will come with more “news”.
If you are in a hurry, I suggest to not rely on a community forum, but look for some (commercial) consultancy. There are a lot of offerings out there. Yes, I am one of them, but I’m currently fully booked. In 2-3 months, there will be time again.

My apologies dasniko, it was a problem by our side that is now finally solved by changing multiple properties in the config file.

I was not pretending to push you to solve the issue, I only was hopping that you can suggest something that might help.

Thanks for your time!