Uploaded theme to kubernetes and now get an internal server error

Has anyone else come across this? I am on version 10.0.0.2, the themes were creating using version 14 and these work as they should in an isolated container but when deployed to kubernetes running version 10 we get the internal server error. We can go back to the default theme and that works but as soon as we try to use the new theme we get the error. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Yeah, the DefaultThemeProvider likes to eat Exceptions when either a parent or import cannot be located. I had that issue and here’s the notes I made for my team.

While it’s possible to attach a remote debugger to the JVM and find the issue I’d start with reviewing your parent and import values to confirm that they’re correct.

Parent values should not contain a / but be one of “base”,“keycloak”, etc. So don’t have parent=keycloak/common for example because that’ll cause this issue.

If your theme has its own common folder, don’t put a parent or import in that folder’s theme.properties and see if that helps.

You can also try removing all imports and if that fixes your issue add them back one at a time to see which one caused the issue.

Thank you for the response, I will review and get back to you.