User federation provider with SQL users table

I have a users table in my Data base Sql Server, and I need create a new user federation provider or migrate those users to keycloak data base.

2 Likes

Did you manage to find anything? I am trying the same thing, however the users do not get imported for some reason

I was able to achieve that if you need any help please let me know I can help.

1 Like

Hello, could you please help me doing it?

Sure I can. Please schedule a video conference I can help you.
Send me either a zoom meeting invite or google meet link. So that I will attend.
my email id is: muralinit@gmail.com

to migrate users from own database to keycloak was necessary build a services through the next api. /auth/admin/realms/myrealm/users
I extracted the users from database to text plane separated by tab and my app goes trough the file and passes he parameters in the following json string.
{
“firstName”: " myfirstname",
“lastName”: “mysurname”,
“email”: “a@a.com”,
“enabled”: “true”,
“username":"a@a.com”,
“credentials”: [
{
“type”:“password”,
“value”:“1234Ab**”,
“temporary”:true
}
]
}

to migrate users from own database to keycloak was necessary build a services through the next api. /auth/admin/realms/myrealm/users
I extracted the users from database to text plane separated by tab and my app goes trough the file and passes he parameters in the following json string.
{
“firstName”: " myfirstname",
“lastName”: “mysurname”,
“email”: “a@a.com”,
“enabled”: “true”,
“username":"a@a.com”,
“credentials”: [
{
“type”:“password”,
“value”:“1234Ab**”,
“temporary”:true
}
]
}

Hi. I am trying to achieve the same with Keycloak version 20.3. Can you give a walkthrough of how to do it?