Using opentracing with Keycloak.X 18.0.0

When trying to set up tracing for keycloak x i encounter this problem when server says i have the subsystem installed:

Installed features: [agroal, authentication, authorization, cdi, dbaas-common, dbaas-datasource-postgresql, hibernate-orm, jdbc-h2, jdbc-mariadb, jdbc-mssql, jdbc-mysql, jdbc-oracle, jdbc-postgresql, keycloak, m2m-manager, narayana-jta, nc-context-propagation-quarkus, nc-framework-contexts-quarkus, netcracker-keycloak-idp-extension, netcracker-keycloak-starter-extension, netcracker-keycloak-um-extension, oidc, reactive-routes, rest-client, resteasy, resteasy-jackson, routes-registration, security, security-common, security-context, smallrye-context-propagation, smallrye-health, smallrye-metrics, **smallrye-opentracing**, vault, vault-client, vertx]

However, none of the relevant properties are being recognized:

[2022-05-06 21:36:03,575] [WARN] [thread=main] [caller=io.quarkus.config] [requestId=] Unrecognized configuration key "quarkus.jaeger.service-name" was provided; it will be ignored; verify that the dependency extension for this configuration is set or that you did not make a typo
[2022-05-06 21:36:03,575] [WARN] [thread=main] [caller=io.quarkus.config] [requestId=] Unrecognized configuration key "quarkus.jaeger.sampler-param" was provided; it will be ignored; verify that the dependency extension for this configuration is set or that you did not make a typo
[2022-05-06 21:36:03,575] [WARN] [thread=main] [caller=io.quarkus.config] [requestId=] Unrecognized configuration key "quarkus.jaeger.sampler-type" was provided; it will be ignored; verify that the dependency extension for this configuration is set or that you did not make a typo
[

Perhaps there’s a known trick to make it work? All i did was follow quarkus’ tracing tutorial - add smallrye depend, provide config properties and they suggest it’ll just work.

Opentracing is archived project in favor of opentelemetry project. Example of using opentelemetry tracing with the Keycloak: GitHub - jangaraj/keycloak-with-opentelemetry

We were putting off transition to opentelemetry but if that’s what keycloak is going with i’ll give it a go. Thanks.

Keycloak doesn’t have any recommendations. I would say that is not clever to use deprecated project (Opentracing). Quarkus project itself has doc for opentracing and also for opentelemetry. Of course those modules must be included in the build. So I would say it is more convenient to use java agent and job done (of course it is only autoinstrumention).