Backchannel Logout URL not called

Hi All,

I’ve set the Backchannel Logout URL on my client. When I logout of my user session on Keycloak, this is not called. Is it that this is not supposed to be called if a KeyCloak session is logout from within KeyCloak (and I need to setup another client)? Or have I done something else incorrectly? How do I get the Backchannel Logout URL to be called?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I see others have had similar questions but haven’t found answers.

Thanks.

Ps. I’m using KeyCloak v18 and am not using any external Identity Providers. Not using front channel logout either, this is disabled. I have RP Initiated Logout working and have also tried to logout via that (with two browser session logged in for the same user).

1 Like

We are currently struggling with it as well (trying to upgrade from Keycloak 15.1.1 to Keycloak 19.0.1). We are not sure, but it seems that Spring Boot adapter also did not support backchannel logout. As you mentioned, there is a lot of partial threads about the topic but we would appreciate full running java example with 2+ clients.
Fortunatelly there is spi-login-protocol-openid-connect-legacy-logout-redirect-uri property (not documented but it should be working), which you can set to force Keycloak to use legacy behavior.

1 Like

This ended up being one of my stupidest questions - I was using a remote KeyCloak server but set my Backchannel URL to 127.0.0.1/ for testing… Getting the call now, even from the Logout on KeyCloak User Session page.

I’ve posted in case someone might not have seen the obvious.

1 Like