Initial installation, cannot get a user to log in

Hello, I’m completely new to keycloak and currently evaluating it.

I’ve setup the keycloak server and added a single user under users. I set a password for the account and made sure the user was active. I’ve tried using my web application with keycloak which redirects just fine to the login page, but I keep getting a “Invalid username or password.” message.

I’ve been scratching my head for hours trying to figure out with what I would have thought is the most simple setup possible.

I’m seeing this stack trace in the console

17:18:05,789 WARN  [org.keycloak.services] (default task-3) KC-SERVICES0013: Failed authentication: org.keycloak.authentication.AuthenticationFlowException
        at org.keycloak.keycloak-services@8.0.1//org.keycloak.authentication.AuthenticationProcessor.authenticationAction(AuthenticationProcessor.java:964)
        at org.keycloak.keycloak-services@8.0.1//org.keycloak.services.resources.LoginActionsService.processFlow(LoginActionsService.java:294)
        at org.keycloak.keycloak-services@8.0.1//org.keycloak.services.resources.LoginActionsService.processAuthentication(LoginActionsService.java:265)
        at org.keycloak.keycloak-services@8.0.1//org.keycloak.services.resources.LoginActionsService.authenticate(LoginActionsService.java:261)
        at org.keycloak.keycloak-services@8.0.1//org.keycloak.services.resources.LoginActionsService.authenticateForm(LoginActionsService.java:322)

Can someome give me quick start points to just logging on with a simple user account?

1 Like