Keycloak 9.0.3 - Fatal error on container start

Hi all,

Hope you’re all doing well under these strange circumstances.

We are looking if we can upgrade our current jboss/keycloak 7.0.0 to a quay.io/keycloak/keycloak installation. Before we try the upgrade we tried to install a clean quay.io/keycloak/keycloak:9.0.3 with the same kubernetes config.

When the pods are started, we see the following error:

> kubectl logs -n kube-keycloak-poc-2 pod/keycloak-poc-2-0
/opt/jboss/keycloak/bin/common.sh: line 3:    14 Aborted                 "$JAVA" --add-modules=java.se -version > /dev/null 2>&1
#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  SIGILL (0x4) at pc=0x00007fe0489127f2, pid=17, tid=18
#
# JRE version:  (11.0.6+10) (build )
# Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (11.0.6+10-LTS, mixed mode, sharing, tiered, compressed oops, serial gc, linux-amd64)
# Problematic frame:
# v  ~StubRoutines::call_stub
#
# Core dump will be written. Default location: //core.17
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /tmp/hs_err_pid17.log
Could not load hsdis-amd64.so; library not loadable; PrintAssembly is disabled
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
#
/opt/jboss/keycloak/bin/add-user-keycloak.sh: line 75:    17 Aborted                 "java" -jar "/opt/jboss/keycloak/jboss-modules.jar" -mp "/opt/jboss/keycloak/modules" org.keycloak.keycloak-wildfly-adduser "$@"

Unfortunately the container dies and we cannot see any other logging. Anyone familiar with this or seen it before?

Let me know if you need anything specific in terms of configuration.

Thanks in advance,

Hi zonaut,

Thanks for pointing that one out. I had seen it, but to be honest I don’t completely understand why others didn’t report this yet, as I assume everyone uses the same image (maybe not all with those specific CPUs, but still).

My second question is related to that: correct we’ll just have to wait for a 9.0.4 with an upgraded java version in the image?

Seems the best option or you could do a custom build if you really need it.
I’ve looked in the Keycloak git repo but don’t find a Dockerfile, Only testsuite/performance seem to contain them and they are using JDK8. Don’t know where the build one is.

@admins Is this problem known?

See: Docker

And:

Also see: Data missing when importing realm - #6 by Robinyo

1 Like