Keycloak v2.admin console theme how to edit groups

In the “old” Keycloak admin console, it was possible to edit groups, and give it rights, for instance change role-mappings.
In the Keycloak v2.admin console, at the top it says: “You can create, edit, and delete groups”; however, in the tree-dot-menu there is only a “Delete” and a “Move to” option. Is this a bug that has to be resolved yet or am I missing something?
To make matters worse, clicking at a group, results in the message “Request failed with status code 500” and you have to login again :frowning: . Can someone help me out?

Which version do you use? 19? This was sooooo buggy.
I’ve currently only access to a v21, everything works without errors.

Thanks Niko, for your fast reply.
Currently I’m using keycloak-20.0.5.
Are you able to edit ldap-groups so you can apply them to roles?
Kind regards,
Albert Jol

I installed v21.0.1 now. It no longer supports multiple ldaps-connections :-(.
And I’m still not able to edit groups.

I didn’t test it with groups coming from LDAP, I just tested regular groups, sorry.

I did a quick test with a group from LDAP and I also get a 500 from the Keycloak server:

Caused by: org.keycloak.models.ModelException: User returned from LDAP has null username! Check configuration of your LDAP mappings. Mapped username LDAP attribute: uid, user DN: cn=Aline Parham,ou=Administrative,dc=corp,dc=acme,dc=local, attributes from LDAP: [cn]

Don’t know what’s exactly the issue and if it’s really only related to the new admin UI, as this is a server error which is thrown. But it might be, as I know that the new UI introduced some new admin API endpoints and perhaps this is causing the error.

You should open a new (or search for an existing) issue here.