Handling Post-Registration Process in Node.js with Keycloak

Hello everyone,

I’m currently working on a Node.js project where I’m using Keycloak for user registration and authentication. I’ve encountered an issue with handling operations right after the user registration process is completed. My goal is to perform an API call immediately after a successful registration, but I’m facing challenges with the asynchronous nature of the Keycloak registration process.

Here’s a brief overview of my current approach:

keycloak.register()
.then(() => {
// Code to execute after successful registration
// … fetching user details and making an API call …
});

The issue I’m experiencing is that the .then() callback following keycloak.register() doesn’t seem to be executing. I’m unsure if this is because keycloak.register() doesn’t return a promise, or if there’s something else I’m missing.

In the Keycloak documentation and other resources I’ve checked, I couldn’t find clear guidance on whether keycloak.register() uses a callback pattern, emits events, or returns a promise. I’m looking for the best way to execute code immediately after Keycloak has successfully registered a user.

Could anyone provide insights or suggestions on how to properly handle post-registration actions with Keycloak in a Node.js environment? Any advice or alternative approaches to ensure that my code executes only after the user is successfully registered would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!