Keycloak 19.0.3 - Not able to load any cryptoProvider

Keycloak 19.0.3 -

Getting error while deploying java application with keycloak in wildfly server.

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Not able to load any cryptoProvider with the classLoader: ModuleClassLoader for Module “org.keycloak.keycloak-adapter-core” version 19.0.3 from local module loader @dc9876b (finder: local module finder @2f666ebb (roots: /opt/wildfly/wildfly-16.0.0.Final/modules,/opt/wildfly/wildfly-16.0.0.Final/modules/system/layers/base,/opt/wildfly/wildfly-16.0.0.Final/modules/system/add-ons/keycloak))

2 Likes

HI, were you able to resolve this issue, getting same with 20.0.0

There was some refactoring done, now there is a new jar:
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.keycloak/keycloak-crypto-default

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.keycloak</groupId>
    <artifactId>keycloak-crypto-default</artifactId>
    <version>21.0.1</version>
</dependency>

Which provides a required default CryptoIntegration implementation DefaultCryptoProvider.

I was runing into some classloading issue because of using the keycloak adapter in an OSGi environment:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: 
Not able to load any cryptoProvider with the classLoader: org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.EquinoxClassLoader@1cf3efe1[org.keycloak.keycloak-adapter-core:21.0.1(id=184)]
	at org.keycloak.common.crypto.CryptoIntegration.detectProvider(CryptoIntegration.java:59)
	at org.keycloak.common.crypto.CryptoIntegration.init(CryptoIntegration.java:32)
	at org.keycloak.adapters.KeycloakDeploymentBuilder.build(KeycloakDeploymentBuilder.java:204)

Sadly the new keycloak-crypto-default is no OSGi bundle hence I had to create one with the jar
Before initializing the KeycloakDeyploymentBuilder I execute the following code to force initialization in the classloader context of my bundle (which imports the keycloak-crypto-default OSGi bundle):

CryptoIntegration.init(DefaultCryptoProvider.class.getClassLoader());
deployment = KeycloakDeploymentBuilder.build(adapterConfig);