KeyCloak 9.0.2 is not refreshing the Data

Good morning.

I am making a change to the KeyCloak password policy, through kcadm.sh update realms/$REALM.

After executing that call from Shell Script, I don’t get any errors, however, when I open the KeyCloak console, all the changed information does not appear.

This information appears until I restart the Docker container that has KeyCloak, which means that the information is being updated.

I want to know if there is any way to restart KeyCloak through some command, or is there a function in kcadm.sh to refresh the information.

Greetings.

I encourage you to do yourself a favor to update Keycloak to the most recent version. Keycloak v9 is 5 years old and more than completely outdated.
Update your environment and test your desired behavior again. Perhaps it’s gone, perhaps it’s still there. If it still persists, try to provide a MRE, so that someone is able to reproduce the behavior and possibly can give you any help.

Hi Dasniko, thanks for your reply.

By chance, do you know if there is a KeyCloak function to know when the KeyCloak is up.

I detected my issue after executing the script:

(cd /opt/keycloak/current/bin; ./standalone.sh -Djboss.http.port=8180 &)

This process is latent, and I need to know if the KeyCloak server is up to execute the Kcan update, but I do not know how to do that.

Thanks in advance.

I found it is possible through the Keycloak Health Checks Ref., however. I am not able to find the resource, I am getting a 404 - Not Found.

I am trying to find out since what version it was included this feature, maybe version 9.0.2 is older to test this one.

Please take @dasniko 's advice and upgrade. Yes, the health check endpoint has changed location. That detail, and 1000 others will make it nearly impossible for anyone here to help you with Keycloak 9. If you upgrade, you will have a much better chance of getting community help.

3 Likes