Loading the admin console spinning

Hello,

I pulled the new quay.io keycloak/keycloak 19.0.1 image yesterday … now I can not access the admin console → Loading the admin console is spinning

But Authentication on the Realm still work …

Any idea … thx

Found it.

The issue was treafik related …

thx

Hey, can you let me know what have done for the admin load screen error i had the same issue.
Thank you.

Hi,
short answer the keycloak hostname was differed as defined in the ingress router.
( redirect was not working as expected )
Hope this helps.

1 Like

Could you elaborate?

Hm,

by using docker compose I used the command option to set the hostname like below
keycloak:

command:
- --verbose start
- --hostname=auth.example.com

and labels for traefik like:
labels:

• traefik.http.routers.auth-router.rule=Host(auth.example.com)
  • traefik.http.routers.web-router.rule=Host(sso.example.com)

for the second domain I made a mistake and my “https permanent redirect”
sso.example.comauth.example.com was ineffective
so the spinning happens by accessing: sso.example.com instead of auth.example.com because of the hostname mismatch.

Is this more clear now?

I’m having this issue as well. Does anyone know if there is a way to prevent this hostname checking? I’d like to be able to access the admin console by IP:port in the event of an emergency and not require my proxy to be online. I’m planning to use HTTP and PROXY=edge.

The browser developer tools show:

Timeout when waiting for 3rd party check iframe message

EDIT: I tried with “start-dev” and the admin console works so there must be a setting somewhere that changes this in production mode. Still digging.

These settings have the admin console not spinning. I’m not sure if this is going to work for productions, but the admin works with IP:port. I think commenting out KC_PROXY is what got it working.

environment:
      - KEYCLOAK_ADMIN=admin
      - KEYCLOAK_ADMIN_PASSWORD=admin
      - KC_DB=dev-file
      #- KC_HOSTNAME=10.2.1.21
      - KC_HOSTNAME_STRICT=false
      - KC_HTTP_ENABLED=true
      - KC_HTTP_PORT=8380
      - KC_HOSTNAME_STRICT_HTTPS=false
      #- KC_PROXY=none
1 Like

Hello,

I’m having the same issue with a Helm deployment. The UI displays as intended:

However, when I navigate to the Admin console, the page tries to load with a continuous spinning icon:

I attempted the suggestion @bbrendon made by removing the KC_PROXY=edge variable however, that caused my deployment to go into a crashloop.

I also, attempted the suggestion that @itxworks by adding the labels to my deployment.yaml and that label wasn’t accepted. I also tried it under annotations in the same file and it still wasn’t accepted. Lastly, I tried the same labels in my ingress.yaml and it would take.

These are the configs for my Ingress

ingress:
  enabled: true 
  annotations: 
    inginx.ingress.kubernetes.io/proxy-buffer-size: 8k # This label increases the buffer size. Don't delete.
  hosts:
    - host: keycloak.apps.debug.mypersonalcloud.io
      http:
      paths:
      - backend:
          service:
            name: keycloak
            port:
              number: 8080
        path: /
        pathType: Prefix

I also have an EC2 ami running a docker compose file with the same issue and settings NOT using Helm.

root@keycloak:~/keycloak# docker ps
CONTAINER ID   IMAGE                                                                     COMMAND                  CREATED      STATUS                          PORTS                                       NAMES
0d6252434e0e   quay.io/keycloak/keycloak:latest                                          "/opt/keycloak/bin/k…"   5 days ago   Restarting (1) 24 seconds ago                                               keycloak
6e226697cfb6   postgres:15.1   "docker-entrypoint.s…"                                                             5 days ago   Up 12 minutes                   0.0.0.0:5432->5432/tcp, :::5432->5432/tcp   postgres

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to resolve this issue with trying to access the Admin Console?

Here I have a simular problem. We use the helm char from bitnami
values.yml contains following:

ingress:
  enabled: true
  hostname: keycloak.mydomain.com
  ingressClassName: platform-ingress
  tls: true

This doesn’t work. Did have it working for some time but whithout changing things it stopped working and only the spinner showed up when trying to connect to the admin console

We use Nginx-ingress

Any suggestions on how to resolve?