Native App Login

Our native applications for iOS and Android are no longer being accepted by Facebook because they are not using the Facebook SDK to login Facebook users (literally got this answer: “while doing signup in the Android and IOS it is leading to web page, that may not happen for the mobile devices”).

I was wondering, can we do something similar to Auth0’s token exchange for native apps:

i.e.

1. use the Facebook SDK natively to get a Facebook access token
  2. call the Facebook Graph API to get a Facebook Session Info Access Token
  3. Call Keycloak with grant_type: 'urn:ietf:params:oauth:grant-type:token-exchange' with the Facebook Session Info Access Token as subject token, to get a Keycloak user access token?

@tmf I’m wondering if you have solved this problem? Have you implemented a custom flow for Facebook login through mobile applications?

We solved this by disabling the Facebook Login for iOS and Android in the Facebook application settings. We are only using the normal (non-Javascript-SDK) login, even in React Native. Either you log in via Facebook SDK or via OIDC. The problem arose because in the past we had this SDK integration, and the setting was still enabled, but our apps now are no longer using the SDK, and the Facebook app review didn’t like this.