401 Unauthorized going into v2 Account Console

Hello all,

I am having a strange issue where I am unable to access the account console, where I am receiving the error: Forbidden: You do not have access rights to this request. Contact your administrator.

This seems to only happen with my master realm, in a newly created test realm it works fine.

I am running Keycloak in docker behind an nginx reverse proxy. Everything works fine, I am able to access the admin console as well as access some SAML clients I’ve already configured. I can share my settings if needed.

Inside my master realm, I have federated LDAP users from my active directory. I did accidentally delete the manage-account role in the realm but recreated it using the same settings from a test realm, so that should be equal there. It seemed to have broke when I deleted the role but now I have a new manage-account role with the same settings inside the realm. Does that affect anything? Is there anything I should check?

All users have the new manage-account role and should be able to edit inside the account console. I looked inside my inspect element and noticed 401 errors. I enabled debug logging inside Keycloak docker and received this error when trying to access the account console:

Strangely the v1 account console works but the v2 account console doesn’t. I’d really like to have the v2 account console as I am planning on customizing it for my needs.
Any help would be appreciated in rectifying this issue.

1 Like