Codecentric's Helm Chart for Keycloak

Dear Keyclokians,

I have a web application I want to use Keycloak to authenticate users. The application will consist of several microservices deployed to a K8s cluster. I was thinking about using this Helm Chart:https://github.com/codecentric/helm-charts/tree/master/charts/keycloakx

I am just wondering if this is a good idea or if it is insane. The default settings use a Postgres DB, is this DB deployed on the K8s cluster as well when I install the Helm Chart?

The codecentric helm chart is IMHO the best Keycloak Helm chart available! It’s very flexible and aligns very close to the official config options and parameters, there’s no opinionated abstraction of config params like other platforms might have.
Anything else I can’t tell you.

2 Likes

OK, so I can see that there is a Keycloakx version and a regular Keycloak version. Is Keycloakx newer and more robust while the regular one might get deprecated soon?

Also, can you use KC as an API and avoid using the login page that is available for users to login?

How can I edit the Helm chart so that it uses a custom database of mine instead of the default postgres one?

The X version is for Keycloak Quarkus distribution, formerly project name Keycloak.X
The none-X version is for legacy Keycloak Wildfly distribution.

Please don’t mix up different topics in one thread!
The answer is no, that’s not how OAuth2/OIDC works.