What is the Best Keycloak Version and installation mode for now on a managed Kubernetes?

Hello everyone.

I’m new to keycloak and want to install it on my managed kubernetes cluster.

I am looking for the best version of keycloak to install and how to install it, if some people can give me tips that would be really cool ;p

I saw that the new version 20 uses Qarkus, so I think this is the best version to install ? Or it’s to new and for production grade do you recommend to install the version 19 ?

I also saw that you can install keycloak with

• Helm, but I can’t find certified helm charts with the version 20,
  • with operator but I do not know this type of installation (it is this installation which is recommended for a fresh installation on a managed kubernetes ?),
  • and I found a helm chart that installs the operator (but I do not not the org and operator) ?

Thanks a lot.
Bat.

1 Like

Up for a lot of thx ;p

If you are just getting started (i.e. you have no legacy reason to use an earlier version) start with the most recent version, 20.0.1.

Although it is not the official chart, the Codecentric helm charts are used by a lot of people

I have no personal experience with the Operator distributed by the Keycloak team, but it should have their support

The Keycloak authors/maintainers don’t spend time in this forum, but they are more likely to respond to Github discussions and issues if you need help with that.

1 Like

Thx a lot @xgp ;p

And thx for the codecentric helm, but it do not use the last version, I will wait for an update of bitnami or codecentric chart.

Have a good day and thx again.
Bat.