How to add an external sql server database as a federation provider in keycloak?

I have users table in my sql server database that created using SSMS 18. I want to connect this to keycloak using user federation and sync all the users to my keycloak local database so that during login I can enter those user credentials. All the examples that I am getting from the internet as for older versions of keycloak.

My version: Keycloak 20.3
SSMS: version 18

There are user federation providers like this: GitHub - opensingular/singular-keycloak-database-federation: Keycloak User Storage SPI for Relational Databases (Keycloak User Federation, supports postgresql, mysql, oracle and mysql)

And also migration providers like this: GitHub - daniel-frak/keycloak-user-migration: A Keycloak plugin for migrating users from legacy systems

1 Like

The migration guide really worked, with some tweaks. It’s just that the roles, groups and required actions are not mapping to the user when it is created in Keycloak. Anyways, thank you @xgp .

Btw do you have any example where we can user a relational db(say, SSQL) as default for the latest version of keycloak in a dev server instance. Is it possible at all?