Keycloak Quickstarts app-authz-uma-photoz deployment issues

The Keycloak Quickstarts project app-authz-uma-photoz fails to deploy. I have tried two approaches.

Both approaches run Keycloak using Docker. Note that I have also tried running Keycloak as in the CI, but to no avail. The Docker build context is app-authz-uma-photoz.

keycloak.Dockerfile

FROM jboss/keycloak:15.0.2

COPY photoz-realm.json /tmp/realm.json

COPY photoz-js-policies/target/photoz-uma-js-policies.jar \
    ${JBOSS_HOME}/standalone/deployments/

docker-compose.yml

version: "3.9"

services:
  keycloak:
    build:
      context: .
      dockerfile: keycloak.Dockerfile
    ports:
      - 8180:8080
    environment:
      KEYCLOAK_USER: foo
      KEYCLOAK_PASSWORD: bar
      KEYCLOAK_IMPORT: /tmp/realm.json

With the Docker setup in place, the README steps “Create the Example Realm and a Resource Server” should be covered.

That leaves the steps “Deploy and Run the quickstart applications”. This is where the trouble is.

1. Deploying the client and API as described,
cd photoz-html5-client && mvn clean wildfly:deploy
cd photoz-restful-api && mvn clean package wildfly:deploy

Both fail with:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.wildfly.plugins:wildfly-maven-plugin:1.2.2.Final:deploy (default-cli) on project photoz-uma-html5-client: Failed to execute goal deploy.: java.net.ConnectException: WFLYPRT0053: Could not connect to remote+http://localhost:9990. The connection failed: Connection refused -> [Help 1]

1. Circumventing the WildFly Maven plugin by deploying the WAR files to a WildFly image,

app.Dockerfile

FROM jboss/wildfly:25.0.0.Final
WORKDIR $JBOSS_HOME

COPY photoz-html5-client/target/photoz-uma-html5-client.war \
    standalone/deployments/photoz-html5-client.war
COPY photoz-restful-api/target/photoz-uma-restful-api.war \
    standalone/deployments/photoz-restful-api.war

This takes care of deploying the client quite nicely. With the API, however, there are JBoss module issues - maybe it has something to do with the Maven settings / the JBoss mirror? See the CI Maven settings.

docker build -f app.Dockerfile -t app .
docker run -it --rm -p 8080:8080 app

18:23:03,900 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-2) MSC000001: Failed to start service jboss.module.service."deployment.photoz-restful-api.war".main: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.module.service."deployment.photoz-restful-api.war".main: WFLYSRV0179: Failed to load module: deployment.photoz-restful-api.war [...] Caused by: org.jboss.modules.ModuleNotFoundException: org.keycloak.keycloak-authz-client

I have tried creating this JBoss module using the JBoss CLI, but none of the dependencies for it are there either, which leads to installing the entire tree manually.

How can I get this project to start? I don’t care how it is done, Docker or otherwise.

1 Like