Keycloak User Account Service

Hey @all,
i have a simple Spring Boot web application which uses Keycloak for authentication. The app offers a html button for reaching the user account service, which should enables users to change their personal information. After changing some information, the user clicks Sign Out and then should be redirected to the start app page. I dont know if i can do this, because the user account service is an “out of the box” configured tool. Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance, Daria

The standard user account UI that ships with Keycloak includes a link at the top of the UI to return to the URL that redirected to it. If the user completes their information changes and clicks on that link, it will return them to your application. If they click “Sign Out”, they will be signed out of their Keycloak session, which will both sign them out of the user account UI and your application.

If you can give us more information about what exactly you are trying to achieve, we might be able to provide more help.

Hi @xgp
unfortunately i do not have the link you are speaking about. While beeing logged into the account console, i just have the Sign Out Button in the upper right corner. Which a) signs me out and b) does not go back to my application but to the Keycloak Sign In Widget. Is it possible to change the behaviour of the accoutn console?

When you link the user to the account console, try setting a redirect_uri in the url. E.g. if you are using the Javascript adapter to create the url, it works as documented here: Securing Applications and Services Guide

Per your question, yes it is possible to create a custom theme that extends the account console. For that, see the server developer documentation on creating a custom theme: Server Developer Guide

And if you decide to go the route of creating a custom theme, I have a starter template here GitHub - xgp/keycloak-theme-template: Starter for building a Keycloak theme, and there’s another example specifically for extending the new account console here keycloak-quickstarts/extend-account-console at latest · keycloak/keycloak-quickstarts · GitHub.