Mailing list for academic Keycloak users

Hello,
We are slowly building a community of academic organisations (universities and research laboratories) who use Keycloak. This is mainly through interactions at academic conferences where we find each other by chance. We’d love to have a mailing list/discussion group to share our specific use cases and integration issues. Do you have any advice on where this should be hosted?
If necessary we can organise a private channel but ideally it would be searchable by other interested participants.
The Keycloak Users mailing list and this discourse forum seem too broad.
Thanks for your advice,
Hannah (IAM lead at CERN)

1 Like

@hannahshort I think this is a great idea. A lot of customers I’ve worked with are universities or nonprofits that work with research institutions. For obvious reasons, Keycloak is attractive for them.

Regarding having a list specifically for academic users, why not just use a tag for posts on this forum? This is largely a community forum anyway, and I suspect that most use cases you will encounter are still broadly applicable to the community, even if they deal with IdPs and tools that are specifically used by academic institutions. Anyway, I’m a fan of keeping things here, if only to avoid (further) fragmentation of the Keycloak ecosystem.

I also think that this forum is a great place for that.

It’s googlable and the discourse software is great.

Possible to create an separate section in this forum?
I am also an academic user, so I think the idea is great, because we have often special requirements.

The best way to group posts in Discourse is with tags. You can create one when you make a post. E.g.