Running Codecentric's helm chart (keycloakx) locally

Hello!

I am trying to install the Helm Chart for Keycloak on a local cluster (the one by codecentric: https://github.com/codecentric/helm-charts/tree/master/charts/keycloakx). But I am facing issues.

I am using Minikube to run it locally, and when I inspect my pods, I get the output which indicates that the Status of my keycloak pod is CrashLoopBackOff.

How can I get rid of this status?

I even tried running kubectl <POD_NAME> logs but I get this output:

Which makes it hard to identify what the source of the CrashLoopBackOff status is.

# Configure service as NodePort for local access
service:
  type: NodePort
  ports:
    - name: http
      port: 80
      targetPort: 80

# Database connection details (for a local PostgreSQL database
database:
  vendor: postgres
  hostname: host.minikube.internal
  port: 5432
  database: nora
  username: postgres
  password: ""

# Optionally configure network policies and other settings for your local environment
networkPolicy:
  enabled: false

My values.yaml file which I use to override the values.yaml in the repository of codecentric.

When I write: kubectl describe pods keycloakx-0 I get the following output in the terminal:

Events:
  Type     Reason     Age                   From               Message
  ----     ------     ----                  ----               -------
  Normal   Scheduled  2m31s                 default-scheduler  Successfully assigned default/keycloakx-0 to minikube
  Normal   Pulled     94s (x4 over 2m30s)   kubelet            Container image "quay.io/keycloak/keycloak:22.0.4" already present on machine
  Normal   Created    94s (x4 over 2m30s)   kubelet            Created container keycloak
  Normal   Started    94s (x4 over 2m30s)   kubelet            Started container keycloak
  Warning  BackOff    61s (x13 over 2m28s)  kubelet            Back-off restarting failed container keycloak in pod keycloakx-0_default(b7737a7e-074d-4522-8e65-f90187516d9c)

So the start of the container is not really working…

1 Like